Last year, Greenfield School received the Platinum Award for being a CLA friendly school and was also awarded “Trauma Informed” status. We value every pupil and understand that CLA pupils may need alternative or extra interventions in order to raise equality and opportunities; for both academic learning and for personal growth. Greenfield School is committed to enhancing the achievement and welfare of CLA and PCLA in the following ways:
● Having high expectations for the child and ensuring equal access to a balanced and broadly based education.
● Recording, monitoring, and improving the academic achievement of the child in addition to their health and wellbeing.
● Achieving stability and continuity.
● Prioritising reduction in exclusions and promoting attendance.
● Promoting inclusion through challenging and changing attitudes.
● Promoting good communication between all those involved in the child’s life and listening to the child.
● Maintaining and respecting the child’s confidentiality wherever possible.
● Ensuring staff awareness of, and sensitivity to, the difficulties and educational disadvantages of CLA.
● Ensuring an appropriately trained Designated Teacher is appointed, who will be responsible for all CLA.
● All CLA and PCLA will have a Personal Education Plan (PEP) drawn up between the school, the child, and the child’s social worker,