Trauma Informed School
CLA FRIENDLY SCHOOL - TISUK Award
Greenfield is a Trauma Informed and CLA (Children Looked After) Friendly School. We have received the Platinum Award for CLA Friendly schools and are a certified organisation for being Trauma Informed. This means that we use person-centred approaches to support pupils on an individual level, offering the care and support that each may need.
Greenfield is proud to provide pupils with an emotionally available adult and a wide range of well-being interventions, including Relationship Based Play, ELSA and Therabuild. Greenfield School is committed to enhancing the achievement and welfare of CLA and PCLA in the following ways:
- Having high expectations for the child and ensuring equal access to a balanced and broadly based education.
- Recording, monitoring, and improving the academic achievement of the child in addition to their health and well-being.
- Achieving stability and continuity.
- Prioritising reduction in exclusions and promoting attendance.
- Promoting inclusion through challenging and changing attitudes.
- Promoting good communication between all those involved in the child’s life and listening to the child.
- Maintaining and respecting the child’s confidentiality wherever possible.
- Ensuring staff awareness of, and sensitivity to, the difficulties and educational disadvantages of CLA.
- Ensuring an appropriately trained Designated Teacher is appointed, who will be responsible for all CLA.
- All CLA and PCLA will have a Personal Education Plan (PEP) drawn up between the school, the child, and the child’s social worker.